This autism thing kicks my butt sometimes. Are we doing the right things, are we doing enough, etc., etc...? But, fortunately for me there were others who came before me. Other parents who REALLY had to figure things out. Parents that my husband and I learn from. Then there are others going through it with me. I am thankful for all of these other parents of autistic children. One of my best venting buddies, Melissa, is going through all of the biomedical treatments the same time as we are. It's a great support to have. We haven't even met in person yet. Logistics can be a problem considering we both have autistic children to tend to. But, we are friends fighting a common cause and fighting for the future of our boys. I am thankful for all of my autism parent buddies, even the ones I haven't met yet such as Barb and her son, Max:
1 comment:
You can tell I am behind in reading blogs because I just saw that you are thankful for me!! That is so sweet! I am thankful for you too! so much easier to go through this with someone that knows exactly what it is like times 2! I am so glad that we have become friends and get to watch each others boys heal.
Post a Comment