Today is Black Friday in the retail world. I am not a big shopper, especially mall shopping. I have only gone out maybe once in my life on Black Friday. The idea of almost having to fight people to get some bargains just doesn't doesn't sit well with me. It's just not what Christmas is all about. Just a few moments ago Taylor and I heard of a Wal-Mart employee in Long Island being trampled to death by a bum rush of 200 people-all looking for a deal. Have we just become a herd of mindless bulls? A bunch of wild animals? A man is dead so people can buy something that will likely end up at the local dump within the next 3-5 years. But hey, they got a great deal-GAG!
I am thankful this day for online shopping. I much prefer to browse with a cup of coffee in my hand and my children safely scurring about the house. The deals may not be quite as good, but it's way more peaceful. And safe!
2 comments:
I am also thankful for online shopping!!
Definetly more peacful!
The online shopping is more my speed too. I can't deal with the "bargain" crowd.
Tiff
Post a Comment