
How ironic is it that just after I catch up, I get 2 days behind? Lately, that's the story of my life: one step forward, two steps back. I will catch up again now that the long days of carpooling, dance rehearsals, recitals, etc. are behind me.
Taylor danced in her annual Christmas show over the weekend. I was blown away by her performance. It was like she went from little girl dancer last year to full-blown ballerina this year. She actually looked like a lady on stage. And, I was able to see all those trips back and forth to the dance studio really reaped rewards in her abilities. Hard work does pay off! All the girls looked beautiful up there. Girls were putting smiles on their faces and dancing with horrible blisters and bloodied feet. To look at them, you'd never know. Ballet certainly isn't for wimps!
I am thankful for the art of dance and for her wonderful dance director who has provided a place for these girls to perfect their art, and at the same time, give honor and glory to Christ. I am so happy that Taylor has found something she truly loves and is passionate about (and I'm super excited it's not BOYS!). But, I can't help but to be a little sad that my little girl turned into a woman in what seems like a flip of a switch.
Taylor and her cousin, Allison
2 comments:
I felt the same way. Like, OMGoodness she's a real live ballerina now. It was truly amazing to watch her dance. It gave me chill bumps.
Megan was sitting with me and when the girls did that piece she said "Can't I do that kind of dance?" and Melissa had to explain that it is a long (and expensive - Goodness, Taylor had like 8 costumes? Did you have to buy all those?) road with lots of work between here and there.
It's also a lot of work for the mamas, so I know someday she will be thankful for you!
Oh goodness, no! No buying ANY costumes! Isn't that great? But, that's what we pay dues and do fundraisers for. The pretty white "snow" costumes near the beginning were bought with money raised in the fundraiser last year. You should be backstage with all those costume changes, it's an exciting place! Lots of clothing flying everywhere!
Post a Comment