Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankfulness Day 21 (the make-up post)

Finally, finally, finally I am sitting down to write my make-up post on thankfulness. Every night the eyelids get too heavy and the brain gets too mushy to even think. Right now I am thankful for the teenage years. It can be a horrible time of transition on one hand, and on the other, the best times of your life. Taylor is about to attend her school's homecoming basketball game with a bunch of her friends. The girls are primping, and the guys, well, they are painting themselves all shades of blue. I suppose next year there will be a homecoming dance for Taylor after the game. What? My daughter will be old enough for a homecoming dance next year? There will be a dress to buy, nails to be done, tresses to be tamed and done up. That will all be great fun, but today I am enjoying the silliness and giddiness that makes up 13 year olds!

No comments: