Tuesday, June 05, 2007

You're a Mom!


Well, my dear daughter, Taylor, is off on a youth retreat this whole week. She left Sunday and is coming back Saturday. A whole week away in North Myrtle Beach. Initially I thought, "wow, this will be great. A week with 2 children instead of 3. A little reprieve, if you will." Well, instead because I'm a mom, it's not a reprieve at all. It is worrying: will she remember to put on sunscreen, will she take a shower, will she swim out in the ocean too far and get pulled out to sea, etc., etc. It is wondering: is she having fun, is she making new friends, what are they doing right now, will she call me today, is she learning new things and growing in her relationship with God? The house just seems a little too quiet without her constant chattering, giggling, dancing around the kitchen self! Without her I have no one to watch Little House on the Prairie or Wonder Years with. No one to help me pick on dear old Dad. The twins don't have a big sister around that makes them laugh out loud. It's just kinda empty and quiet without her.

So when you think you'll have one less child to worry about because they're away, in reality you really never stop worrying about them because you're a mom!

2 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

Awww...you made me all teary. We'll miss her here too. Is this her first whole week away?

I meant to send you this link earlier...but maybe you saw it on my blog. If not...check this out and maybe it will make you smile.

http://sarahviz.blogspot.com/2007/05/whats-wrong-with-this-picture.html

Make sure you read what she writes, its so funny. This is what you have to look forward to with your boys. It's so true too...Ben cant keep his hands off it.

Chaotic Joy said...

Hey! Where's the pool pictures? I am dying to see it. Taylor comes home tomorrow, I am sure you are dying to see her! It must have been hard for you being without her all week, I know she is a big help with the boys.