Don and I have been happily married for 16 years and have 4 wonderful children. Christ is the center of our home and we strive to honor Him each and every day! We hope you enjoy your stay :o)
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Warm, Summer Nights
Is there any doubt that summer nights are meant to be enjoyed outdoors? I love lighting up the tiki torches on the deck after a long, busy day. This accomplishes two things: 1.) Casting a beautiful soft glow on the deck. Enough to see and enjoy who you're sharing the night with, but not too much to obscure the beautiful stars glowing in the clear summer night sky. 2.) Keeping the bugs away. Thank you citronella oil!!! The sweet smell of my petunias scattered in pots around my deck intensifies in the night air. This combines with the delicious scent of baked potatoes and steaks simmering on the grill. I watch the fireflies dance in the night sky and listen to the chirping of the bugs. An occasional passing car breaks the silence and the whistle of a train going through town pierces the air. A dog barks in the distance. Warm, summer nights are the greatest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww, this is beautiful. Makes me want to be there.
How's your little Blake? I have been thinking of you.
Blake is much better! Thanks for asking! But of course Brett has been up the past couple of nights. He has a slight fever and is really congested. He pulled through a bad cold last time, so I'm trying to get him through this one without a Dr.'s trip and antibiotics. We'll see. I'm feeling pretty sleep deprived today :o{ He's still running around playing and stuff, so I think he'll be fine, just a bit out of sorts and clingy! Just making my job a bit harder-you know how it goes!
Post a Comment