My first vegetable from my first vegetable garden! I know it's corny, but it's just kinda nice to know that maybe, just maybe, if grocery stores ceased to exist, I could actually feed my family some fresh vegetables. Maybe I could have actually survived in the "Little House on the Prairie" days. I really love my garden. My family always had one growing up and I have very fond memories of going out and picking my mom some lettuce, green onions, etc. while she was preparing our dinner. I hope maybe my own children can have similar memories when they are older. And possibly they'll want their own garden someday to share memories with their children.
Don and I have been happily married for 16 years and have 4 wonderful children. Christ is the center of our home and we strive to honor Him each and every day! We hope you enjoy your stay :o)
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Here it is. . .
My first vegetable from my first vegetable garden! I know it's corny, but it's just kinda nice to know that maybe, just maybe, if grocery stores ceased to exist, I could actually feed my family some fresh vegetables. Maybe I could have actually survived in the "Little House on the Prairie" days. I really love my garden. My family always had one growing up and I have very fond memories of going out and picking my mom some lettuce, green onions, etc. while she was preparing our dinner. I hope maybe my own children can have similar memories when they are older. And possibly they'll want their own garden someday to share memories with their children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
IM SO JELOUS. I WAS GOING TO PLANT A GARDEN FINNALLY THIS YEAR. RAY EVEN TILLED THE AREA FOR ME. I WANTED TO BUY SOME LANDSCAPE TIMBERS TO SURROUND THE DIFF PLANTS WITH AND MAKE IT ALL ORGANIZED BUT NEVER GOT AROUND TO BUYING THEM. SO THEN I DECIDED THAT I WOULD TRY TO PLANT THEM SOMEHOW. I GOT OUT THERE ONE DAY AND STARTED. NEEDLESS TO SAY I GOT VERY FUSTRATED AND GAVE UP. ILL MAKE SURE THAT NEXT YEAR IT HAPPENS NO MATTER WHAT.
Fortunately, the people who lived here before us had a playground area surrounded by landscape timbers. Before I decided I wanted a garden, Don dismantled the area (they took their equipment with them so all we had was a big rectangle in the middle of the yard with mulch) and threw the timbers in the woods just in case we could use them someday. Well, that's what lines my garden now. I am so glad he kept them. He tilled it, I planted it, and I maintain it. I really love it! I'll bug you to do yours next year!
Good for you! My thumb is black my floors are dirty...I can never be like you. But I wish I could!
Enjoy your squash!
Post a Comment