Copied from Joy's Blog:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Had a birthday party for two chidren, at the same time. Dove headfirst into toddlerhood with 2 toddlers, at the same time. As a family, in the beginning of '07 we started a mostly organic diet with mostly homemade meals. We even stopped eating out on Friday nights opting instead to having a Friday night cookout. This way we were able to eat organic food and save the $$ it costs to eat out. It turned out to be a great family night and personally, I think the food was better. Oh yeah, I planted my first garden which was lots of fun, but very hard work in the middle of a record drought. We also had a pool installed. Never done that before and would rather not do it again :o)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions. They are nice in thought, but I think they're silly. I suppose I just think that if it was so important and you were going to do it, you'd do it before the "new year."
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Wow, actually no one did in 2007-the first time in MANY years that didn't happen.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No people directly close to me died. We put our cat to sleep on Easter Sunday. That sucked! And my favorite horse, Poco, also passed away.
5. What countries did you visit?
ROFL! COUNTRIES??? This isn't Katie Holmes or Angelina Jolie you're talking to!! I barely made it out of the county. We didn't even do a small family vacation this year due to logistics with the twins and lack of funds. Self employed means "no work-no pay."
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
I'd like to find some friends with children the boys' age. Get together for some park days, etc. I'd also like to find a hobby that I can do on a regular basis like ride horses again or play volleyball in a league or something.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Easter Sunday-putting our kitty to sleep, the boys first birthday
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Cooking meals for my family and actually enjoying it. I used to HATE to cook. Now I love it. Actually sticking with our diet changes. Drinking at least 64 oz. of water everyday! Starting a family Bible study was a dream come true.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing my patience too often. Expecting too much out of my daughter.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
The pool and my new washing machine. I thought the smell of the second one would wear off really fast, but I still love it. Probably because I can stuff so much more into it than my old one and I can get done with laundry so much faster.
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My daughter in her love for her brothers. The way she helps when I bark at her and she never complains.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
Well, mine, for barking at my daughter amoungst other similar behaviors. And, also all the cleaning people we hired and fired for coming in and taking our money and not really cleaning the house worth a darn. GRRRR!
13. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Irreplaceable by Beyonce because Taylor and I made up our own rendition of the song with a silly dance.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spending more time in the pool with my kids. Relaxing instead of stressing. Reading. Working out.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing, yelling, talking instead of listening.
16. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I'm already in love with my husband. But, I have fallen in love with my boys as I watch their personalities emerge. And, I fall in love with the young woman Taylor is becoming everyday.
17. What was your favorite TV program?
ER. It gives me the "fix" of working in the ER without all the headache.
18. What was the best book you read?
Well, I haven't finished it yet, but I've read a lot of "It Takes Two to Talk" by Jan Pepper and Elaine Weitzman. It's been helping me learn how to communicate and promote speech with my two "non-talkers."
19. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
A vacation and having more money. My husband not having to work so darned hard.
20. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Not dressing like a teenager, but not wanting to look like granny, either. I tried to develop more modesty this wear-nothing too tight, clingy, definitely not too short, etc. to set a good example for my daughter.
21. What kept you sane?
My best friend and my family. And, an occassional, enjoyable glass of wine in the evenings.
22. Who did you miss?
My best friend in TN and my cousin now in PA. And my big brother in TX! I miss him lots!
23. Who was the best new person you met?
Wow, it's hard to say who was "best" because they all contribute different things that I love.
24. Tell us a valuable lesson you learned in 2007
Enjoy your children why they are small, don't be in a hurry to grow them up. Everything is in God's time. Don't sweat the small stuff.
25. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel
Oh I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
From this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel
Oh take it take it from me
1 comment:
Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.
Post a Comment