Friday, December 28, 2007

Oh, please be a fluke!

Don, Eric, and I were enjoying our beef fajita nachos while sitting in the den watching a bowl game. Taylor and her friend were upstairs playing. The boys were snug in their beds. Or so I thought. I heard a "kaboom" over my head and thought the location where it came from certainly didn't sound like it was Taylor and her friend, rather it seemed more like it came from the nursery. I quickly investigated and opened the nursery door to see Blake Evan jumping by his brother's crib. Jumping on the FLOOR by his brother's crib. Oh my gosh, he jumped out of his crib. The crib that has the mattress on the lowest possible level. GREAT! Oh boy, I'm not ready for toddler beds yet, even for just one of the boys. I hope Brett had his eyes closed when Blake did it and didn't see or learn anything from it. It turns out Blake jumped out to retrieve his blankey that had slipped out of his crib. Hopefully if blankey stays put, he will, too! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Oh yes, I'm sure it was his head that made the loud "kaboom" sound, but he seemed perfectly fine. Thank goodness for carpet!

2 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh wow. Glad he's okay. Although, maybe if it had hurt he wouldn't be inclined to do it again. I hope it's a fluke too for your sake but if not, I think they have ways to escape proof your cribs, because I am like you and not ready for freedom at such a young age.

VoiceInTheWilderness said...

I hate it when kids do that! I'm glad he is okay. I've kept my little ones in cribs for as long as I possibly can. Gloria is still in her crib- she will be 3 in March. She has figured out how to climb into it to tuck in her baby dolls, but so far, she's not attempted to climb out. When she's ready to get out, she jumps up and down while chanting, "Mama, Mama."