Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007

It was a great Christmas. And, it was pretty much stress free, something that had to be worked for rather than just happen on it's own. The boys were a bit thrown off their schedules as illustrated in the family picture.



A strict schedule is definitely a double-edged sword. Necessary so that full on chaos doesn't break out, but a mess when it needs to be broken. But, with multiples, I'll take the schedule for the majority and a few thrown off days every once and awhile.

We are continuing to enjoy the gifts and the leftover food! Yummy! We are very thankful that everyone stayed well this year. Well, except for the fact that Taylor developed a case of pinkeye the day AFTER Christmas. I am also thankful for the antibiotic drops I had on hand to be able to treat her without a visit to the pediatrician office. I think she's thankful that she's been on them for 24 hours and can finally play with her friends. Because nothing says "bummed" like a pouting 12 year old who can't get together with friends during Christmas break.

So we say "goodbye" to Christmas 2007 and look forward to spending the rest of the year relaxing without appointments, schedules, classes, etc. bogging us down. We look forward to what 2008 has in store for our family and the new memories waiting to be made.

1 comment:

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh I can't believe Taylor had pinkeye. Poor thing. It wasn't from us, I swear! We were pinkeye free this year, although one year Allie and I had to stay home because she woke up with it.

Thanks for the photos, they were great to see. It was a good year for us too. Loving your new camera. I may get you to come over and take our family picture every year. :)