Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Lots of Steps!



This has been an exciting week around here! The words are coming, especially for Brett. This past week he's said ewww for blue, oooo for yellow, ookie for cookie, and today (for his speech therapist which is who you're always hoping they'll show-off for) he said yi-yun for lion. Last night Brett grabbed the phone off the table, held it up to his ear and started talking into it. It was the first time he's ever done that. So, we made a quick phone call to my sister and BIL so he'd have someone else on the other side to actually talk to. He jibber-jabbered for a couple minutes and ran with the phone when I tried to get it back. Blake has been my giggle box this week. He loves when people imitate choo-choo trains. It makes him get those big belly laughs. He even giggled at the real one we saw yesterday. He's tried saying "choo-choo" and "woof-woof." He's also been imitating brushing his hair and the hair on his stuffed animals. And, he's been following directions extremely well.

The only big obstacle this week is getting them to use different sippy cups. They've been using the same red Diego sippy's for the past year and Grammy purchased new ones for them a few weeks ago. Same cup, just different colors. Well, they won't have any of it. They flat out refuse to drink out of them. I really need to get this figured out because one of the red ones actually has a crack in the lid and I don't think it's going to make it much longer. I suppose I could blindfold them while they drink-lol!

Taylor continues to do great at school. Her phone is beeping with text messages even before we leave the school parking lot. To say she was a texting fanatic would be the understatement of the year. She's already been with a new good friend to her church on a Wednesday night. She's enjoying all the fellow classmates immensely and thus far hasn't had any negative comments about anyone. That is a miracle in middle school!

Please join us in thanking God for all the progress the boys are making. Our family is elated! We know there will be plenty of more bumps in the road, but now we're praising Jesus for all the blessings He has given us this week!

4 comments:

M. Christensen said...

THAT IS FABULOUS!! I am so happy for you guys!

RAY AND TINA said...

OH LYNN I AM SO HAPPY FOR YALL! I JUST KNEW THAT THOSE BOYS WOULD BE TALKING BEFORE LONG. I KNOW THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINING! WE WILL DEF KEEP PRAYING FOR YALL AND I KNOW THAT GOD WILL CONTINUE TO BLESS YALL! WE LOVE YALL AND HOPE TO SEE YA SOON!!!

Jessica said...

Lynn, put something extra special in the new sippy cups. I know they are on the gf/cf diet, but maybe you can make a special shake of some kind? Let the boys "help" so they see what is going into the new cups. If that doesn't work, maybe you can purchase some stickers and let them decorate their new cups.
I'm so glad to hear them making progress. You are all doing a wonderful job so make sure to pat yourself on the back as well.

VoiceInTheWilderness said...

Such wonderful news about your boys! We're rejoicing with you on their tremendous progress.

I hope you bought that girl a text package... really. We've had 2 girls from our youth group have their phones taken away by angry parents. 4000+ messages/ month.
Kids will text about anything. We finally purchased a text package because the kids from church would text on Wednesdays to ask if we're having church that night... as if we randomly cancel it. Now that it doesn't cost me 20 cents per message, I can appreciate that they like us again.