Monday, June 02, 2008

Missing my girl**Updated**

Melancholy is a good word to describe my mood today. Last night, Taylor boarded a bus and headed off to Panama City Beach with the church youth group. She was excited about her adventure. I could tell her head was swirling all day about what she and her friends were going to do, talk about, etc. I remember those days! But, I was sad last night. Hesitant to see her walk out the door, wanting to hold onto that last hug a bit longer. Acutally, I was wanting to hide out in the luggage compartment of the bus, but that would have caused her eternal embarrasment. Dad took her to the church-literally right behind our house. I've been sick so I'm not fit to be seen in public right now-lol! So I sat on our back deck and listened at the lively chatter of excited teenagers hopping on a bus to experience a parent-free week of fun and (hopefully and more importantly) growing in Christ. Don arrived home and greeted me on the deck. Of course he asked, "What are you doing?" I told him I was waiting to hear the bus leave the parking lot, which I did and exclaimed(as if Taylor could really hear me), "Bye honey, have so much fun at the beach!" Pathetic, right? I know!

So, today the house is that much quieter. I know the boys miss their sister. No one can make them giggle like she can. And, even though her and I can really butt heads sometimes since she's entered "teenagedom", I'm pretty sure I'll miss the rolling of the eyes, the drama, and the goofy, fun chatter that makes up my world with Taylor. I'm sure she's missing me like crazy, too. Umm, okay, maybe missing me a little bit!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I've talked to Taylor everyday since she's been on her trip. My heart was warmed when she spurt out, "I miss my family." She does love us! She misses my food in particular. She been living on chocolate milkshakes (the condo complex has a cafe that makes them). She's drinking one every time she calls. Must be nice to be able to drink milkshakes a couple times a day and not break the scale when you get on it. Unfortunately she's only been able to call during the day and hasn't been able to talk to her dad because he's been working. She attempted a call during her free time at night to be able to talk to him and got chewed out by a chaperone. She was already on the phone with me when it happened. The lady was rude and total mommy-mode kicked in with me. She made Taylor cry! Was that necessary? The rules are if it's free-time and the phones are set out (they confiscate the cell phones when it's not proper time to use them and set them out for the students when they can use them), then you can call home. It was hard to hear Taylor's "nearly in tears" voice say, "I can't talk right now mommy. I don't know why they had the phones set out if we're not allowed to use them. I gotta go. I love you!" I'll admit I wanted to kick that lady in the schins, but Taylor's gotta learn the lesson that everyone in the world isn't always civil. And, after that, she went on to try surfing yesterday. She said it was fun but she wiped out. She was wanting to try it again, though. And, she's sad because today is her last day. It's been a fun, full week for her and I can't wait to hear all the details!

2 comments:

RAY AND TINA said...

SOON, I WILL KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. BRITTNEE IS GOING TO CAMP LEE WITH THE CHURCH THIS YR. IT WILL ONLY BE FOR TWO NIGHTS BUT SHE HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE. SHE WON'T EVEN STAY AT BETH'S HOUSE OVERNIGHT, BUT SHE SAID SHE WANTED TO DO IT SO WE'LL SEE HOW IT GOES. I THINK SHE WILL HAVE SO MUCH FUN SHE WON'T WANT TO LEAVE. ITS THE NIGHT TIME WHEN ITS TIME TO GO TO BED I AM WORRIED ABOUT. SHE IS THE BIGGEST SCAREDY CAT! SHE ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE A LIGHT ON AND MUSIC ON.(I WON'T LET HER GO TO SLEEP WITH THE TV ON) PRAY FOR HER. ITS NOT UNTIL JULY 18TH BUT I KNOW IT WILL BE HERE BEFORE I KNOW IT. AND TAYLOR WILL BE HOME BEFORE YOU KNOW IT AND YOU WILL BE SO HAPPY AS SHE TELLS YOU OF HER WONDERFUL ADVENTURE!!! LOVE YALL!!!

Jessica said...

I think a testament to good parenting is when your kids feel secure enough to venture out on their own for a short time. She knows home isn't far away and neither is your love and guidance. Job well done Mom and Dad. She'll be home before you know it.