Today we found out that Taylor made it into Heritage Academy! She took the last 8th grade spot available for this year. She made it in under the wire. Heritage is a university model school. This simply means it's set up much like college. Classes are not everyday. They attend classes M-W-F and are expected to do studies at home on Tu-Th. The pace is accelerated as they are fitting 5 days of teaching into 3. Also, the students can take one class, or 6 for a full schedule. It's whatever they want to do. Taylor did phenomenal on her testing. Her essay earned a check-plus (which according to the admissions director is rare) with a neat "very nicely written" ascribed at the bottom of the page in red ink.
It is a relief to me because after homeschooling for the past 6 years, I now know I've done enough. I've done enough to make my daughter excel. She can be a standout among other students. I didn't hold her back in any way. Rather, I've given her wings to fly. This coming school year she'll spread those wings and soar. Of this I am sure!!!!
1 comment:
Hey Lynn. My Google.reader shows this post twice because anything I read in Google.reader is here to stay, even if you delete it. But here at your place it looks the same as it always did, so I guess it worked fine.
I'll say it again though, WTG Tay!
Post a Comment