
Last year:
Today:
I didn't know what to expect when I found out I was having twins. I think I was scared, mostly. These past two years I have loved getting to know my two boys for the unique little people they are. Brett is my intense guy. Ready to love you like crazy then two seconds later he'll be having the BIGGEST temper tantrum on the face of the earth. He's the leader (makes sense as he was firstborn) and despite being a little smaller than Blake, he pushes his brother to get his way. Blake is very laid back and most times will just walk away when his intense brother is asserting himself. He loves exploring things to see how they work. He might be the inventor in the family.
They are making gains in their therapy both in speech and sensory issues. They actually ate mini-marshmallows this week-something that would have NEVER happened a month ago. We even got them to eat squishy gummy snacks in speech this week. They are approximating words well and repeating rhythms (not words yet-but that's coming) back to us. The speech therapist let me know that in children with apraxia repeating anything back that is similar is great progress. We can get them to repeat uh-oh and nuh-uhhhh. Brett is trying really hard to say 1-2-3. They are working hard. Socially, I think they've really come out of their shell. They enjoy having company and Brett, especially, is a show-off in true Stallworth form!
Happy 2nd Birthday Brett and Blake! You are loved tremendously!
2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLAKE AND BRETT! I can't believe they are two. What a blessing they are. I hope you all have a wonderful day today.
OW, THEY ARE SO CUTE! PLEASE GIVE THEM BIG BIRTHDAY HUGS AND KISSES FROM THIER AUNT TINA. I HOPE THEY ARE HAVING A BETTER BIRTHDAY THAN TY. WISH WE COULD BE THERE. HOPE TO SEE YALL SOON. LOVE YA!
Post a Comment