Monday, October 08, 2007

The aftermath of 106.2

Blake-boy still has a fever today. I haven't allowed him to get really high, so who really knows if he'd come close to our household record-breaking fever from Sunday am. But, he had a dr. appointment today. The good news is he doesn't have strep or an ear infection, the bad news is we don't know where this fever is coming from. With that being said the Dr. said with a temperature as high as his was, they like to go a bit further in their investigation which meant going to the dreaded hospital for blookwork. Anyone who has ever been to our local hospital knows things most often do not go smoothly or quickly. We sat in the main check-in for 45 minutes only to be taken to a different check in where the poor fellow couldn't get his computer to work properly. After giving up, he moved us to a different desk and finally got Blake his legband. Then we had to go back to the main check in before going to the lab. Finally we arrived at the lab and I was very relieved to see only 2 people in front of me. It was only 3pm and I was hoping to miss the afternoon traffic on the way home. Ha! Not that easy! The two people in front of us came and went as well as two people after us. Blake usually goes down for an afternoon nap around 3:30, so with every minute ticking by you could see his eyes starting to glass over. Finally, the third person who came in AFTER us was called in BEFORE us. It was now 4pm! I, as well as Blake, had enough and I went to the window to see what the problem was. I know sticking babies with needles isn't something fun to do, so I was beginning to think they were just avoiding us. Nope, they lost our order! The lady in front of us probably got Blake's labwork drawn, too. I sure hope her insurance understands-lol! They finally run to the front admissions and get a copy of our order and my son is finally called back to do his labwork. He did pretty well. Of course he screamed, but it was short lived. I think the venipuncturist took it the worst. We rode a golf cart back to our van (they have golf cart valets at the hospital-how fun!), paid our $3 parking fee (rip-off), and sat in afternoon traffic on the way home. I got home just in time to give Taylor a goodbye before she ran off to dance. She actually watched Brett while I ran Blake around. She even changed her first poopy diaper. Momma's so proud :o)

The Dr. was hoping to have the results today and she probably would have if things went smoothly. So hopefully we'll hear from her tomorrow. We're hoping and praying that this is just a virus and nothing more serious. And we'll know tomorrow as long as the lab didn't lose Blake's blood-GRRR!

No comments: