Sunday, October 07, 2007

106.2!!!!

Nope, that's not a radio station. That was my son, Blakes's, temperature at 3:30 this morning! The lowest reading I got was 105.6. Either way, a temperature of "freak-out" proportions. Well, I did try not to freak out. He had a tiny temperature yesterday afternoon of 101. Definitely not concerning in our house. I attributed it to his four molars trying to push through all at the same time. Guess I was wrong! He was fine when I checked him before going to bed. When I heard moaning and groaning early this am, I went in and checked. Turns out the noises were coming from Brett in his sleep. But, Blake sat up when I opened the door to their nursery and his cheeks were BRIGHT red! I have to be honest, I almost dropped the thermometer when I saw the numbers. And when I picked him up, oh wow, I got really concerned then. He felt like a heating pad! We came downstairs and I gave him Tylenol AND Motrin. We cuddled and drank juice for 30 minutes. His temp came down to 100.8. Satisfied with that, I put him back to bed and tried to get some more shut eye myself. I talked to the nurse this morning and she asked what seemed like 1000 questions. Basically, he's acting just about 100% normal when his temp is down, so there's really nothing to worry about. Of course if he hits that high again today or tonight, he'll buy himself a visit to the Dr. tomorrow. So today I'll spend my time pushing fluids and handing out fever-reducing meds. And...I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that his brother doesn't come down with the same thing. Whatever it is!

2 comments:

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh my goodness that's scary. I would have freaked. I am glad it went back down he seems to be okay now. Poor thing.

VoiceInTheWilderness said...

How frightening! I hope he's okay now.