Sunday, July 26, 2009

More signs

The boys are continuing to learn sign language at a rate which is quite unbelievable to me. This week we've even added two-word sequences: more please, help me, help please. They've also learned baby, happy, bubbles, bath, potty, milk, bed, me, and music. I suppose I need to get them more signing videos. Even more amazing is them actually saying the words, or at least attempting them. More and more I am actually understanding what they are saying. Hallelujah, communication is getting easier! They are also learning lots of things from each other, which I knew would happen someday!

They enjoyed the beach, but not sand or salt water in their eyes. But, who does? They loved playing in buckets filled with water and seemed amazed at the action of the waves. They took many naps at the beach as well.

I am delighted in their progress. Every new word, every new sign learned gives us hope. Each one of those has been worked for in tremendous ways. I love this joy I have. I feel my head is in the clouds and I don't want to bring it down.



2 comments:

Jennifer Tijou said...

That is fantastic! I'm so glad you posted this, I need to try signing again. We tried a few years ago, but my boys were still so in the "fog" that it didn't catch at all.
This is really great progress--stay in the clouds!!!!

M. Christensen said...

I love it!! I love the post and the picture!! What sign video do you use? Will finally started using the sign for 'more' and the therapist worked for a year on it. lol