Saturday, July 11, 2009

Good Stuff!



Just this past week, Blake started signing 10 new signs. He also attempts to say the words and is actually very clear when he says "eat" and "all-done." He is also sounding out all the vowel sounds with me. Brett's favorite sign remains "open" which he also says very well. He has also finally taken somewhat of a beginning of interest in the potty. He'll bring his in the bathroom with me and sit on it. No success with producing anything on it yet, but I'm just darned thrilled that it seems like he's interested and kinda "gets" it. Yesterday he brought me his training pants and wanted to put them on. Both of them have become VERY opinionated and are getting much better at getting their points across to us. They are increasing their play together. Up until a few months ago, they were still very much into parallel play. Now, where you'll find one, you'll usually find another. This has caused the inevitable wars over toys. Don got scolded this morning because he came down and handed them one that I had taken away because they were fighting over it. It was almost time for a Daddy time-out. They are doing pretty great in the eating department. Meal time isn't too much of a fight anymore and slowly, but surely, they are learing to try new things. Blake is decidedly better at trying than Brett, but he's coming around, too. They LOVE the pool. And I love it, too, because it makes them good and tired. A mom can be a little selfish every once and awhile, right?

Last month the boys started their new supplement, Enhansa. I'm not sure if this could be the cause of the sudden burst in signing/language from Blake, but it seems to coincide really well. They continue on a calcium/vit D3 supplement because they are not milk drinkers...at all! We are also continuing the fish oil, GABA, and 5-HTP. The latter are for calming and focus. I'm currently searching for a different multivitamin for them. I had one that I mixed in their juice and because they'd sip it all day and it has iron in it, they started getting iron stains on their teeth. I think I've found one in powder form, I just waiting to hear back from the pharmacy to make sure I can mix it in their yogurt like I do everything else.

We're also getting ready for an upcoming trip to the beach. This will be the boys second trip and this time it will include my whole family. I cannot wait! We're going to have a blast!

Blake is giving up his naps sometimes and this is what happens around dinner time!


***Edited: Blake is also now climbing out of his crib to join Brett in his. CRAP! Sleeping arrangements are about to get VERY interesting around here. We've got to figure something out so they both can get the rest they need!***

3 comments:

Figgy and The Professor said...

Lynn, I'm so happy to hear the boys are progressing. You guys are in my prayers on a daily basis. I continue to gather such valuable information and hope from you and the boys.

Love,
Heather (Ethan and Ellie's mom from iVillage)

Jennifer Tijou said...

Looks like the Enshana might be helping! We use SuperNuThera from Kirkman's as our multivitamin. It is reasonably priced and very high in the B vitamins. It comes in liquid and caplets--we love it, I think it has helped a lot. Way to go on all your progress!!!!!!!!!!

M. Christensen said...

We need to talk about supplements. I am about to try a new multivit. So whatever happened with the sleeping situation?? Can you tell I am behind in reading your blog??