Thursday, February 26, 2009

Performance Awards


This past weekend Taylor participated in her 5th Annual Performance Awards. You can't really call it a competition because each child is rewarded on their individual performances. The girls have been learning these dances for the past several weeks. They take it very seriously and always enjoy the commraderie that comes with the event.





Last year Taylor danced with strep throat and received a gold medal. This year, minus the strep throat, she obtained the highest honor-a gold medal with distinction. Or, and gold-plus as the dancers like to call it. I always love watching her dance and I did think she shined particularly bright this evening. When I watched her walk up and get that award, a lump quickly formed in my throat and tears welled in my eyes as I saw her big smile light up the stage. I knew she was happy and proud, and I knew she deserved it! She worked really hard for this. Practice after practice, late night dancing in the kitchen. She did the extra required to get the highest medal. When she took her first dance class as the age of 5, I had no idea she'd still be in love with it as she is today. She looks like a lady dancing up there now, but she'll always be my toothless little girl dancing to "Rainbow Connection" in my mind!

1 comment:

Chaotic Joy said...

Gorgeous post. Gorgeous girl. Congratulations to her. We love her so much and are very proud.