For our family, 2008 brought many trials and sadness. Don lost a grandmother, as did I. Our boys were diagnosed with autism. Brett broke his collarbone. Our kitty was hit and killed by a car. My father had a heart attack. And now my mom is dealing with possible autoimmune issues. Through all the storms, God has certainly seen us through. For me, if it weren't for the tough times, I know I'd have a hard time seeing and appreciating the good times. If it weren't for these times, I wonder if I'd trust the Lord as much as I should because it's during hardship that I really lean on Him.
While there were many valleys this past year, there were great times as well. Taylor started attending Heritage Academy and loves it! She danced beautifully in her Christmas production. She welcomed a new kitty into our house: Kiki. I got the golden retriever of my dreams. We met the boys wonderful DAN dr. who is seeing us through this battle. We met our 2 precious therapists for the boys. We joined a new church family who is just that...family! All of our family functions were a blast. The boys did excellent this Christmas even though we kept them up past their bedtime. They even greeted their Aunt Joy on New Year's Eve. Brett with a "hi", and Blake with his smiles. My sister-in-law thought so much of it, she included it in her year-end meme. Look under #7. Their progress is slow, but steady. Brett is using the word "open" along with the sign for it constantly. Blake has developed a new way of getting my attention: throwing his blanket out of his crib and then screaming. I don't find it nearly as amusing as he does! Both the boys are also slowly starting to get out of being so finicky with their foods.
I don't know everything that 2009 will bring. Some things I do know: Taylor will be getting braces (next week, in fact), Don will be making changes in his career path, Eric will graduate from high school and move onto college, and the boys will continue to progress. I'm excited to see what the new year has in store for our family. Because, even if there are some valleys, the view from the tops of the mountains are oh so sweet!
3 comments:
We're in it together Lynn! You sure have had a crap year! You are holding up very well :) Talk soon!
The boys overwhelmed me on New Years Eve. I was all teary when I got in the car and told Shane. Brett's speaking AND Blake's big flirty smile were a first for me.
Happy New Year friend. I hope 2009 brings you many more blessings and a few less tears.
Wow you have had a few things to deal with. But lovely to hear you have also had some very positive things.
May 2009 be kind to you :)
Post a Comment