The forward progress that the beans have been making is just amazing. They both are attempting words more, signing more, playing more. The list goes on and on. They love interacting with everyone who walks through our door. Both of them are always begging me to play. Brett loves to color and scribble, something I have to be very careful of otherwise I'll have grafitti all over my house. I converted the spare bedroom into a playroom for them. That's where we do their OT. This weekend I ordered a swing to hang in the doorway. Our speech therapist requested this because Brett gets fidgety in the chair and he runs around too much if we put him down. So, hopefully, the swing will be a happy medium. We'll be able to use this for OT as well because part of his therapy is spinning to help his vestibular response which has vastly improved the past couple of weeks. He used to have sheer terror attacks when spun. Now he just sits in the chair and lets you spin him as much as you'd like. Brett has always been the big "signer" of the house, but this weekend, Blake finally figured out that it's a great way to get what he wants. He has also been saying "I want" while dragging me to his desired item...usually of the food variety. Their diet is coming along. Blake actually ate a piece of fried okra yesterday. He didn't want anymore, but I was amazed that he tried it and didn't spit it out. Okra has a pretty funny texture on the inside. I think they are finally figuring out that babyfood isn't very tasty, but all this new food is quite yummy.
We're still doing all the same supplements. They are about to get their yearly Babies Can't Wait evaluation. That will happen next month. We're doing two more rounds of chelation: 5 days on and 5 days off. At that point I suppose we're going to retest them and see what kinds of metals are being pulled out. Life around our house is becoming much more normal, I'm almost afraid to exhale!
Taylor is doing awesome in school. For the semester she got 2 A's and 2 B's. One B being an 89 which really ticked her off. She is loving her new iTouch. She is not loving the braces she got last week. Her mouth isn't as painful anymore, but now she has the wonderful sore spots on her cheeks and lips that comes with having braces. She's been hitting the wax pretty hard! She thinks she looks like a dork, but she's still my beautiful Taylor with more metal in her mouth!
1 comment:
Hurray for all good news! Glad to hear it.
Post a Comment