We are all finally getting over the cold that blew through our house. Taylor, so far, has escaped getting it. The boys are coming out of their crankiness-yay! They have become very demanding little boys of late. One or the other is always pushing me, pulling me, showing me something they want. I forgot that toddlers just don't stay happy with one thing for very long. Brett has taken to dancing this week. He'll get in front of the tv and shake his booty. A couple nights ago, Blake was still wide awake at 12:30 am and played with me for a long time. A line in one of his favorite books is "shhhh, don't wake them up." Since we were playing and Brett was sound asleep, I repeated this line to Blake because he was laughing so loud. Because of the apraxia/dyspraxia, the boys have a hard time with seemingly simple motor skills. He couldn't put his finger to his mouth like I could and say, "shhhh", but he did put both hands on the side of his head and said,"hhhhhhhh." Then he shook his head no-no because that's what I do when I say, "don't wake them up." It was so fun that I didn't even care that he should have been asleep over 3 hours ago.
We're still waiting to get their metal tests back. I don't think we'll see results until the end of next week. I try not to bug the doctor about them since they are very good about staying in touch with us. They are continuing on their metal free spray until we get the lab results back. They have both become extremely picky eaters and have just about banned dinner altogether. I'm concerned about it but I know of nothing else to do really except keep offering them food. They're either going to eat it or they're not. It's kinda like the saying "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink." With flu season and flu vaccines coming up, I'm posting a link to the CDC's pdf of all the additives in vaccines. That way, if you're getting a flu shot, then possibly you can choose a "safer" version of it. Here's the link: vaccine additives
Taylor is doing great in school. She also learned her parts for her ballet Christmas show. She is doing a waltz, Chinese in the Nutcracker (on pointe), Snow from the Nutcracker (again, on pointe), and a few other dances that are very beautiful. She's thrilled that she got new pointe shoes today. Nothing makes a ballerina happier than a pair of nice, pink, unblemished pointe shoes. She is definitely growing up and we enjoy our few minutes with her when she's not doing school work, dancing, or conversing with friends. She's a busy, busy, happy girl.
1 comment:
Hi Stallworth Family,
I wanted to let you know of a new product designed for speech challenged children. It contains Omega 3, Alpha and Gamma E, Vit K1 and K2 and Borage oil. The company is offering a complimentary box ( you just pay shipping %5.95). I thought perhaps you and your readers might be interested in learning more. The link is www.speechnutrients.com I look forward to reading comments from those that order it and their thoughts!
Post a Comment