Last night I did my usual peeking in at the boys before heading off to bed myself. As I stood there watching them sleep so peacefully, I had a thought I never had before. They look so perfect lying there sleeping. They don't look autistic, just perfect. I wonder if they talk in their innocent toddler dreams. And, if they do, do I understand them and talk back? It's something I'd love to know. Something I'll never know unless they can tell me someday. It's something stuck in their blissful dreams-between them and God. I'd like to think they do talk. That the words that are stuck in their heads all day and can never be let out while awake make their way out in their sleep. Maybe that's why they are so happy when they first wake up. I hope they know how hard we're working to bring those words out. I know someday we'll hear them.
They are still doing well on their diet. Their eye contact continues to be good. Brett has been jibber-jabbering up a storm today. He was a bit of a handful in the nursery today. It seems he thought they would just open the door and let him run around in the hall. He was a bit rowdy when he didn't get his way. Typical Brett behavior in my book. He's my high-maintainence, stubborn boy. I think he gets that from his dad (tee-hee). Blake is readily giving hugs to me when I ask. He'a a pro at "given' 5" and "high 5."
I'm still making it on the GFCF diet as well. It's actually not too rough. The sinuses feel MUCH better. I'm willing to keep up the diet if it makes my sinuses feel this good!
2 comments:
good post. I like to think so, I love it when they smile while they are asleep or even laugh!!
I love watching my son sleep too and wonder whats going on inside his head.
Post a Comment