Monday, April 14, 2008

The warm before the cold!




Spring break was a very busy, but fun week for us. We officially opened the pool for the season. Taylor got a good 3 days of swimming in before the temperatures decided to plummet into the 40's again. Hopefully this will be our last cold snap of the year.


I received wonderful news from our case manager with Babies Can't Wait last week. She was able to get an increase in speech therapy and occupational therapy approved before the 90 day initial period was up. I could have cried I was so happy. So now they will get OT twice a week instead of once and speech therapy once a week instead of the crappy twice a month they were receiving before. I am so excited because I have already seen an increase in their interaction with us, increased eye contact, and even some progress with sensory issues. Any little bit extra we can get will really, really benefit the boys! Here's the little fellows with new haircuts compliments of dear ole dad!



Taylor also had her piano recital this weekend. It's our first recital with her new teacher, Miss Stacy (in the flowered spaghetti strap dress in picture below) and it was wonderful. Her teacher is the worship leader at a church in Decatur and it was such a joyful time full of praise to Jesus! Taylor did wonderful. Afterwards she tried out some new pianos because the time has come, as we knew it would, when her skills and talent have grown above the level of a digital piano. She found one she liked at a price that was more reasonable than what I was expecting. So, we'll start saving money for that purchase. A piano in our house certainly won't go to waste because we'd really like the boys to take lessons someday as well. This is a picture of Taylor practicing before the recital on a Bosendorfer that is WELL above just about anyone's budget for a piano. Honestly, who spends over $75,000 on a piano besides maybe Elton John or Alicia Keyes? Regular people actually buy pianos that expensive? Wow!

1 comment:

RAY AND TINA said...

THE BOYS LOOK SO HANDSOME! I'VE GOT TO GET TY'S CUT BEFORE HIS 2ND BDAY. WE ARE PLANNING ON GETTING FAMILY PICS DONE SOMETIME NEXT MONTH. PROBLY WHEN I GET HIS 2YR PICS DONE. TAYLOR SURE HAS A LOT GOING ON. SHE IS VERY TALENTED. I REALLY NEED TO GET BRITTNEE INTO SOMETHING, ITS JUST SO HARD WITH WORKING AND MONEY!!! TELL EVERYONE HI FOR ME AND I SURE HOPE TO SEE YALL SOON!!! LOVE YALL!!!