We started using cloth diapers on the twins when they were a couple months old. Today is the day we say goodbye.
I've stayed with the program for about 20 months and today was the last leak! I've had it with the leaks. Everyday for the past two weeks I've had to change somebody's clothes (and sometimes sheets)because they've either pee'd or poo'd through. I cannot say enough about these diapers and how much money they've saved us (probably a couple thousand dollars). They were wonderful and they've definitely stood up better than I thought. However, now that the boys are bigger and their "business" is bigger, these diapers just aren't cutting it. My sanity is worth some money, too. So today it's bye-bye Fuzzibunz and hello Huggies!
3 comments:
Good for you for doing it this long. I commend you for being environmentally sound and saving money as long as you did.
I use Sams club brand diapers which cost me about under $30 for a case of 152 size 5, which is really not bad at all. It lasts me for a month with Clara. I am sure Costco has a similar deal.
Also Amazon Subscribe and save is almost as good of a deal (for Huggies brand) and it's free shipping and it's just delivered to your door. I was considering switching to this myself. For convenience. Especially since you use twice as many.
Thanks for the tip. I did the math and Amazon might be one penny cheaper than Costco. I might try Costco brand, but I am a bit hesitant because the boys are pretty heavy wetters. If they don't work out you have this HUGE case of diapers sitting in the corner forever. I suppose I could donate them somewhere. It's a relief to be rid of cloth though. I am sick of cleaning poopy diapers. It's so much easier to roll it up and throw it away.
We used a lot of Sam's Club diapers... they were great. We don't have a Costco close by.
One of my children went through a period where he would pee through his diaper at the same time EVERY night. I would try to wake up to change him before it happened, but usually his cries woke me- then there was the complete clothing change plus sheet changing. ICK! Totally worthwhile and precious, but ICK! nonetheless.
Best of luck with disposables. My personal favorite was White Cloud brand, but they were hard to find.
Post a Comment