Yes, a Cozy Coupe CAN accomodate 2 passengers:
Our butterbeans are now 16 months. Life with them is so much fun! To say that these guys were well worth the wait is a major understatement. One of their favorite activities is climbing the stairs. Our baby gate makes a loud clicking sound when it's opened and when they hear it, they drop everything and make a bee-line for the stairs. It's adorable! This past week Blake has become a major "mama's boy" and I can't even go to the bathroom without him pitching a fit. And...he can SEE me! He absolutely hates when I cross over to the other side of the baby gate. Don't even mention the word bye-bye to him. He goes to the door, jiggles the lock (he hasn't mastered opening that yet-what a blessing!), and jumps up and down. He'll have a fit if we don't go outside and do something. Brett has started giving kisses on demand. So he has to give a bunch of them to Mommy everyday. Yep, I'm taking advantage of it. He's been giving the occassional kiss for awhile, it's just much more frequent now. It's kinda nice getting some affection back from these butterbeans after all this time! They still LOVE being read to. Both of them start jumping up and down and hollering when they see me coming with books.
Onto what these fellows aren't doing yet: talking! I made a move this week and contacted Babies Can't Wait. We have an intake evaluation scheduled for the second week in October and hopefully an evaluation soon after. If they were gesturing at all, I'd probably wait. But they are not pointing, waving, shaking their heads no-no, NOTHING! That makes communication pretty difficult. I'm always having to guess what they want. I'm pretty good at it, but I'd rather just hear "drink" or "food." They certainly make LOTS of noise. They are particularly fond of getting into hollering contests lately. That makes for interesting car trips. Taylor's dance friends who we carpool with think it's hilarious. Their laughter is probably fueling the fire!
Our beautiful Tay!!
Taylor is busy practicing for her Christmas show. Her dance company practices every Saturday from 10-3:30pm. She's pretty tired on Saturdays. Well, at least her legs are. She's doing great in school. We're looking at putting her into Heritage Academy next year. It's a "university model" school. It's a school where the kids can take as many or as few classes as they like. Kinda like a private school, but the students aren't required to be there all day. I think it would be good for her to take math and science there. It would benefit her to have some lab experience and to have a math teacher she can consult as her curriculum keeps getting more difficult. She has a few friends at dance that attend there and they've perked her interest in it, as well as mine. In another area, she was going to be in our church's Christmas program, but unfortunately their rehearsals conflicted with her dance rehearsals. I suppose it's a blessing because I don't know how many more lessons or rehearsals could possibly fit into our schedule.
2 comments:
I hope your evaluation with BCW goes well. Do you have to wait a long time to get in? I think communication with this age is generally hard. Clara says no to every question you ask her, even if the answer is yes. And we never have any luck with determining what is wrong with her either. We keep repeating the same simple words and gestures, hoping eventually she will pick them up and make our lives easier.
That's great about hte kisses. How fun! Clara is still iffy on the books. By the way, I need to get an order together for you.
Thanks for the update. It's nice to hear what's going on.
HEY DON'T FEEL BAD. TY'S NOT TALKING TOO MUCH EITHER. HE LIKES TO JUST POINT AND MAKE NOISE. EVERYTHING I GIVE HIM I TELL HIM WAHT IT IS SEVERAL TIMES IN HOPES OF HEARING IT COME OUT OF HIS MOUTH BUT NOPE, HE WON'T SAY IT. OCCASIONALLY YOU WILL HEAR SOME SORT OF WORD BUT DON'T ASK TO REPEAT IT CAUSE IT WON'T HAPPEN. OH WELL, I KNOW THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN HE WILL PROBLY JUST START YAPPING AWAY LIKE HE DID WITH WALKING SO IM NOT TOO WORRIED. THE BOYS LOOK SO CUTE. TY HAS FINALLY STARTED GIVING HUGS. ITS SO CUTE. HE PUTS HIS LITTLE ARMS AROUND MY NECK AND SQWEEZES(?). I JUST LOVE IT. IM SO EATING THAT UP NOW. TAYLOR IS JUST GROWING TO FAST. IT SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY ALL THE GIRLS WERE RUNNING AROUND PLAYING AT YOUR HOUSE FOR MEMORIAL DAY. TIME FLIES TOO FAST. GIVE EVERYONE MY LOVE.
Post a Comment