"The Boys" had their dr's appointment today. I took them by myself which was a first. All went well until they got their shots-it's kinda hard to soothe 2 bigger babies at once. I mean, I can carry them and hold them, but the soothing part is impossible with both arms occupied. They were much happier upon arrival than departure! Blake is 24lb 10oz and 32 1/2 inches and Brett is 24lb 10oz and 31 1/2 inches. Both the nurse and I kinda disputed Brett's measurement. I think Blake is taller, but I'm not sure a whole inch taller. Brett was "all done" with laying on the table, so we didn't measure him over again. The doctor and I talked about their lack of speech and discussed the fact that Daddy was a later talker. Don didn't start talking until about 16 months and by 18 months was talking in sentences, so she said it's quite likely that they'll follow the same path. However, if by 18 months they've made no further progress, we'll get them evaluated. She said they don't like to wait until 2 years when speech REALLY takes off, so 18 months is a great time to pursue that avenue. I was agreeable to that! So now only a couple more dr's visits and then we can go yearly! How wonderful! I'm so tired of immunizations I could just scream. Poor babies have to get so many of them now. It seems like Taylor got half this many.
Edited: Today the boys are a little feverish and "under the weather" from their shots! Let's hope it doesn't last too long!
4 comments:
Hi,
I am coming from Joy's site. I am her friend that owned the cats with her so many years ago. :)
I just read your 2 most recent posts. So, I will comment on this one first. There is a really great website: www.909shot.com that talks about vaccines, and the fact that kids are given so many vaccines at such a young age. There's some great research on there. Just in case you wanted some info on it.
Secondly, I have 4 children and I did so great with the first three. I mean 6 wks. after they were born I looked better than I did before I got pregnant, I had great nursing boobs to go along w/ my smaller waist and all was grand. Then I turned 32, had my 4th and after almost a year am still trying to get the last 10 lbs off. Actually, at this point I think I will settle for the last 7-8 off. I have been working out and am seeing some results in my legs and arms, but ugh- the waist! I think I might start weight watchers (just counting the points) until it comes off. I hope your last 3 pounds come off soon. It's AWESOME that you are already down that much after having twins. WAY TO GO! :)
OW POOR BABY! YEA TY IS BETTER NOW FROM THAT ILLNESS. THE DOCTOR SAID THAT SHE THOUGHT IT WAS 5TH DISEASE. IT STARTED WITH THE FEVER AND RUNNY NOSE ON THURSDAY AND THEN HE DEVELOPED A RASH ON HIS CHEST AND BACK ON MONDAY EVENING. SO TUESDAY WHEN WE WENT IN FOR HIS CHECKUP SHE NOTICED THE RASH AND SAID THAT IT WAS 5TH DISEASE WHICH IS A VIRAL INFECTION. SO FOR TWO WEEKS HE WOULD BREAK OUT EVERY SO OFTEN WITH THE RASH. HES OVER THAT NOW BUT NOW HAS A SLIGHT COUGH AT NIGHT. IT JUST NEVER ENDS DOES IT. OH WELL, I SURE HOPE EVERYTHING GETS BETTER ON YOUR END.
Heather, thanks for the link about vaccines! I think if I wasn't so worried about what all the people coming into our country illegaly were bringing with them, I wouldn't do some of these vaccines. I honestly think they should start testing kids for TB again. I know I got tested as a kid and with all these cases in the news, it makes you wonder if you and your family have been exposed.
And you're doing GREAT getting that weight off after four kiddos! The waist is a hard one to get rid of. Mine's not too bad, just enough that it makes my pants fit "not just right." I miss the nursing boobs. Although, mine get a bit TOO big when nursing. An added cup size would be nice, but Dolly Parton size is just too much :o)
Tina-that kinda sounds like what Brett has. His fever is gone today and if it's roseola, I should expect him to get a rash anytime now. He never acted sick at all, just a bit fussy when his fever hit 103! Taylor had fifth's disease as a baby and I remember her cheeks also got really red and the rash would get worse when she was out in the sun. It seems like it lasted a really long time. I'm glad he's feeling better and I hope that his cough is gone soon.
Post a Comment