The boys are doing downright awesome. Our speech therapist announced to me last week (and she's NEVER, EVER said this before), that she thinks the boys are just on the brink of talking my head off. She said once they start...look out. Blake in particular has a lot to say. He jabbers in sentences, most of which is unintelligible speech but you can pick out some words here and there, has the hand motions and everything. Both of them are saying all done, uh-oh (constantly and then I have to follow them to see what catastrophe they caused), shower, and Brett just started saying shoes. He loves to put on every one's shoes and walk around the house in them. In a couple weeks they will be getting their new swing set and I KNOW we'll be spending hours upon hours outside on that. They went in the pool for the 1st time this weekend. The pool is open for swimming-yippeee! They loved it. Blake was a little slower warming up to it than Brett, but he definitely enjoyed it, too. Brett even went down the slide 3 times. He's a little dare-devil! I can't believe they will be 3 in a few weeks. I have made the decision to enroll them in preschool in the fall at Challenged Child and Friends. I think it will be good for them, and for me as well. They are progressing, but I'm hoping with some special education a few days a week, that will propel them even more. I did NOT come to this decision easily, but I really feel in my heart that God is leading me down this path. I go to observe on May 4Th. I am praying then that God will give me a definite "yes, this is something you need to do", or a "no, RUN the other way." LOL! It's a very affordable program. They can get the therapy they need and they offer financial aid for families like us whose crappy insurance doesn't cover any services related to their diagnosis.
Taylor is busily getting ready for her Sleeping Beauty recital this Saturday and Sunday. She has her first lead role as the Emerald Fairy and is very excited. I can't wait to see her dance. It always amazes me how much better she gets with each recital. She gets out of school on May 15Th and is looking forward to the lazier days of summer like me! I have learned to grow accustomed to BOYS calling the house for her. That's not been easy, but something I expected would happen sooner rather than later.
We are looking forward to a possible BIG family vacation this summer. We might be getting together with my parents, and ALL my brother's and sister's at a big beach house in FL. That will be so much fun! I know we'll make memories that we'll cherish forever!
Oh, and if anyone knows or has any ideas on how to curb an almost 3 y.o. from picking his nose and eating boogers, please let me know!
1 comment:
GREAT shot of Tay! I can't wait to see her Saturday. I wish I knew what show I was coming to, Shane is leaving me hanging.
How exciting that you might be getting a few mornings to your self in the fall. (totally jealous of THAT) I do think it could be good for you and the boys and I will pray for God's discernment for you. It's so hard to know what to do sometimes. I am glad they are progressing so well.
Post a Comment