Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My poor blog

I just realized that I'm blogging about half of what I used to last year. My purpose of this blog was to update loved ones about us, then we the boys were diagnosed with autism, that became a part of it as well. Time is sparse around here lately. In fact, I type this while trying to scarf down a couple tacos and keep young boys from touching the TV.

It's been a crazy week around here. We found out we DID lose 80% of our investment to the scoundrel who fled to Uruguay with it. Well, maybe he didn't actually leave the country with it, he might have lost it all before he left. I just wish we could know the truth. It's kinda a thorn in my behind, but life goes on-with or without that money.

The boys officially started their therapuetic listening program yesterday. They LOVE it! I do too. It gives me a 30 minute reprieve. Yes, I have to sit there and push them in their swing, but I can listen to my iPod (which is a fake and going back) during that time and relax a bit. Brett is completely coming out of his shell lately. He's a little hambone! He says "door" everytime I come in from outside. He says "nah" when asked if he wants something. He even drew a messy smiley face on the bathtub wall. We've been practicing for a couple weeks! Blake still enjoys playing on Skype with my cousin, Gina! He is trying to say "tick-tock." He also blows kisses to Gina, who, by the way, is the only person he'll do it to. She gets a kick out of that. Both boys are eating meats again. So, now we only have to buy babyfood veggies. Boy, I'd love to conquer veggies! I'm going to take a class online about Floortime therapy. Babies Can't Wait is almost done. The reality is, I'm going to have to be doing this stuff by myself now and I need to learn quickly! We have an appointment with Dr. Sloan, their DAN dr., to go over their recent metals test. I have no idea what the results are yet and I can't wait to find out.

Taylor is busy getting ready for BalletFest this weekend. It will be a good 12-hour dance day this coming Saturday. Today she received another letter accepting her into a summer dance program. It makes 4 in all that she's been invited to. I'm so proud of all her achievements. She's doing well in school. 2 A's and 2 B's so far this semester. Only 10 more weeks of school! Whooo-hoooo! She recently found a set of animal bones in the woods, right behind our fence. Checking things out on Google, we determined the bones belonged to a fox. It was really fun figuring that out together!

As for me, I'm running around trying to get ready for our trip. It feels like I'll never be prepared. Don is working hard getting his annuity business going. He's definitely been burning the candle at both ends the past couple of weeks. And our dog, Gabby, may be toothless soon. I looked in her mouth the other night and saw that her front teeth (upper and lower) look like they're literally disinegrating! It looks like it would be awfully painful. I mean, I can actually see the layers of the tooth. I haven't had a root canal yet, but I heard when that nerve is exposed, it ain't pretty! She doesn't seem like she's in pain-yet! She's going to the vet Thursday for boosters, so I'll let them figure it out then. She'll look pretty funny as a dog with no teeth if that's what it comes to!

1 comment:

VoiceInTheWilderness said...

It's hard to keep a blog going when life is so busy... your boys have come such a long way! We're very excited for you all.
I've taken to short, "filler" blog posts. I'm evaluating whether I should nix it altogether. I want to share the things God is doing in our lives, but it almost seems like I would be a)bragging or b)gossiping or c)complaining.
We'll be checking back to see the results of the boys' metal tests. BTW, we've sent a couple of people interested in autism to this blog. It is much appreciated. I didn't know any of the things that you have been doing could be done.