Friday, August 03, 2007

Yet again. . .my children

I suppose we could concur that the most important parts of our lives are probably the ones that we blog about the most. In my case, that would be my children. They are the light of my day, the chocolate sprinkles on a sundae. Although they can cause occassional mass chaos and leave me feeling quite bleary, children are absolutely delightful to watch in action. Whether it be Brett, my little reader(a smart little lad I think he's destined to be), bringing me a book and throwing it on my lap.


He looks at me with delight and great anticipation in his eyes. Just waiting for mommy to point to the duck and say, "ducks say quack, quack, quack" which always causes him to erupt in laughter. Or maybe it's listening (and secretly watching) to Taylor singing in the mirror footloose and fancy free. Then, when I interrupt her with my presence, I get the whole "MOOOOOOMMMMM, can you pleeeease knock." It might be Blake with his ablility to make me laugh just by being him. He's a silly spirit and seems to find joy in everything. He runs up to me and stops right before me, mouth wide open, waiting for a kiss and a hug. Ahhh, he knows the way to momma's heart!



Children are so precious. Although raising them is the most difficult job God has given us to do, we can delight in all the astonishing memories they bring into our otherwise boring "vanilla ice cream" lives!

1 comment:

Chaotic Joy said...

Oh look at the boys in the pool. Hurray! You can have that float. Clara's fine with the other kind we have, whenever we do actually go. You don't have to pay me for it you can just consider it a replacement for the one that broke.

Good for you for dilligently reading to your boys so early. I rarely ever read to Clara. I read to Ben everyday but if I do it when Clara is awake he ends up mad that she keeps grabbing the pages. I need to try to start doing some one-on-one book time with her. You have inpired me as usual.

I love the updates on the kids. Goodness knows that's all my blogs ever about. It's also cool to see how their personalities are developing differently.