It's hard to imagine that it's the last couple of days of summer vacation seeing as it's 100 degrees outside with no relief in sight. But, that's exactly what it is. The end! The end of a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing summer.
Come Monday we're back to school. It will be time to start buckling the boys in the van and transporting Taylor back and forth to dance 3 days a week, piano once a week, and church on Wednesdays. Non-stop action is about to hit. In a way I look forward to the activities, but then again I know I'll miss the days of having absolutely nothing on the calendar that HAS to get done. Judging from the number of times I've heard sirens outside of my house (we live in close proximity to Lake Lanier), many other people are taking this last summer weekend to enjoy themselves. I suppose many of them are, unfortunately, getting hurt in the process. Taylor will spend her last weekend swimming in the pool and going boating with her friend, Addy. Eric is at his mom's house feverishly finishing a summer reading assignment. I will try to get out the teacher's manuals for our curriculum and look over everything to make sure we're ready. I think I'm prepared, but I'm sure sometime next week I'll be kicking myself for not having something that we needed.
So long summer of 2007! It's been great!
3 comments:
THIS IS A CUTE PICTURE. LOVE HOW U WERE ABLE TO GET THEM IN MID AIR. WE GOT TO GO SWIMMING AT OUR FRIENDS HOUSE SAT. NIGHT. IT WAS GREAT BUT AMAZING HOW WARM THE WATER WAS WITH THE WEATHER BEING SO HOT. LOOKS LIKE YALL R ENJOYING THE POOL. I HAVE DECIDED THAT WHEN WE GET A HOUSE ON SOME PROPERTY I AM DEF GETTING A POOL. I LOVE SWIMMING AND HATE NOT HAVING ONE. I GREW UP IN MOSTLY APARTMENTS AND LIVED IN THE POOL DURING THE SUMMER. I WAS SO DARK THEN. GIVE EVERYONE MY LOVE
This picture is great! How fun. I am sad summer is over. I hate the hustle and bustle.
You were not kidding about the Kudzu. Wow!
Post a Comment